Panda is an open-source library of Python which is highly dependent on NumPy. It gives high-performance and its data structures & data analysis tools are easy to use. Principally it is a software library that is specially written for Python for the purpose of data analysis & data manipulation. In order to manipulate the numerical tables &time-series, pandas in python offer data structures & operations.
NumPy stands for Numerical Python which is a fundamental package of array processing that has a very general-purpose used for scientific computing with Python. NumPy is capable of performing different operations. Arrays in NumPy are guided in sequence order, starting with zero. NumPy has multi-dimensional containers of generic data.
Difference between NumPy and Pandas
- The data structure level of Pandas is very high whereas NumPy has a low-level data structure.
- Pandas in Python handle tabular data & its functionality has rich-time series. NumPy supports multi-dimensional arrays & matrices largely.
- For its working, Pandas use various methods like data, alignment, groupby, missing-data friendly statistics and join methods. On the other hand, NumPy has a wide range of mathematical array operations.
*Pandas data structures are used which are freely drawn on the functions of NumPy & SciPy in order to manipulate them.
Dependencies: Stack of Python
Pandas is built on NumPy which means that NumPy is a dependency for Pandas. In order to install Pandas, NumPy needs to install first. Not only Pandas is dependent on NumPy but SciPy & Matplotlib are also dependent on NumPy which makes it the central part of Python library.
Advantages of using Pandas library
- The data representation of Pandas is excellent as compared to other Python libraries.
- In Pandas library there is very less involvement of writing that results in the more work done.
- It is specially designed for Python.
Characteristics of NumPy
- NumPy has statistical models and has a filtering feature.
- It helps in reshaping the arrays as well for better performance.
- NumPy has array air thematic and does aggregation.
Above mentioned are some of the reasons that reflect the popularity of both the libraries and which gives you a reason to learn it and make a career in it.
SkyWebcom is the best institute for Python in NCR where training is offered on the basis of live scenarios. Training is offered by highly qualified trainers who hold the experience of 32 years and make sure that advance training is being provided to every single trainee by remaining updated with all the latest features brought in by the IT industry. SkyWebcom also gives Python Certification after the completion of the course that helps the aspirants during interview time. SkyWebcom ranks highly among any other IT institutes for offering the comprehensive Python training in Noida. Along with the in-depth training SkyWebcom also gives 100% placement assistance in top companies and has maintained the record of the same for past many years.