ETL Testing Training | ETL Testing Training Institute
What is ETL Testing?
ETL Testing is based on the concept of ETL which is Extract, Transform and Load.
ETL is a process of extracting the data from various sources, transforming this data to meet your requirement and then loading into a target data warehouse. ETL is the most proffered and most effective process.
ETL Testing Process:
ETL testing is performed to ensure the data that has been loaded from a source to the destination after business transformation is accurate. It also involves the verification of data at various middle stages used between source and destination. ETL Testing should be done End to End Testing of data stream throughout the Data Lifecycle
ETL testing is based on 5 pillars:
- Upstream data issues
- Timeliness and accuracy of data
- Security of data
- History of data and its maintenance
- Availability of data for decision
Skills Required for ETL testing:
- Understanding the data to used for reporting
- Review the data model
- Source to target mapping
- Data checks on source data
- Performance testing on data
- Packages and schema validation
- Data verification in the target system
- Data integrity and quality checks in the target system
- Verification of data transformation calculation and aggregation rules
- Sample data comparison between the source and the target system
Methods of ETL Testing :
- Production Validation Testing
- To perform analytical reporting and analysis, the data in your production should be correct
- This testing is done on the data that is moved to the production system.
- It involves data validation in the production system and comparing it the source data.
- Source to Target count Testing
- This type of testing is done when the tester has less time to perform the testing operation
- It involves checking the count of data in the source and the target systems
- It does not involve checking the values of data in the target system
- It also does not involve if data is in ascending or descending order after mapping of data
- Source to target data testing
- In this type of testing, a tester validates data values from the source to the target system
- It Checks the data values in the source system and the corresponding values in the target system after transformation
- This type of testing is time consuming and is normally performed in financial and banking projects
- Threshold value validation Testing
- In this type of Testing, a tester validates the range of data
- All the threshold values in the target system are checked if they are as per the expected result
- Its involves integration of data in the target system from multiple source system after transformation and loading
- Application migration testing
- It is normally performed automatically when you move from an old to a new application system
- Data check and Constraint testing
- This is also known as meta data testing
- Duplicate data check testing
- This testing involves checking for duplicate data in target system
- Incremental testing
- This testing is done to check the data integrity of old and new data with the addition of new data
- Data completeness testing
- To verify that all the expected data is loaded in target from the source, data completeness testing is done.
- Data accuracy and Quality testing
- Navigation testing
- Data transformation testing
Why ETL Testing?
- ETL Testing is in very good demand
- That is Growing a lot in these days
- It Prevents Loss of Data and Duplication of Records
- It Improves the standard Quality and accurate Data
- Avoid the Risk Of Data Loss, It helps to avoid the risk factor of data loss
- Provides Timely access
- Check the data and provide the access to the user at any time
- ETL testing is Recognize the business requirements
- ETL Testing gives us Summarizing Reports
- ETL Testing helps in identifying problems with the source information
- ETL Testing is Facilitates the Transfer of Bulk Data
- It Eliminates Possible Errors in Transmission of Information across an Enterprise
Meet the Experts:
- The course consultants of SkyWebcom are highly qualified that holds the experience of more than 10 years and are the most valued person of their companies.
- Trainers of the institute always work on real time projects and remains updated with all the latest IT technologies. They make sure that trainees are under the right guidance and are trained well.
- The best thing about them is that they always stay connected with other IT industries which are a big advantage for students as they get offered for various openings in IT industries.
Placements: A major talking point
- SkyWebcom guarantees the placement of every single trainee from each batch and has maintained the 100% record of every given placement from past many years.
- SkyWebcom has tie-ups with top MNCs like Accenture, Delloite, Infosys, DXC, CTS etc. Many certified candidates from SkyWebcom are currently working in one of these top MNCs across the globe.
- After 70% completion of the course candidates are also trained for face to face interviews just to improve their skills and number of interview referrals is provided to the candidates till the final placement takes place.
- Along with the training regular test and interview sessions takes place and candidates is also being guide for resume developments.
Reasons to join SkyWebcom:
- SkyWebcom announces with please that around 1000s of candidates are placed in top most popular MNCs in last 15 years.
- SkyWebcom offers the training with well defined modules.
- Infrastructure of SkyWebcom is developed where each classroom is equipped with AC and has well-efficient labs where students are provided with computers for practice.
- Classes at SkyWebcom are highly flexible that takes place on both weekdays & weekends between 9AM to 6PM.
- Experts of SkyWebcom prepare candidates for interviews with the accordance of IT industries.
- Along with comprehensive training SkyWebcom also focuses on interview sessions, tests presentations at regular and weekly intervals.